Don't have GPS signal?
The GPS Generator PRO application is Software GPS Simulator that is designed for providing assitance in developing, testing and debugging programs and equipment working with the NMEA-0183 protocol. It can also be used for testing navigation applications and equipment indoor when GPS Signal is not available.
This virtual GPS receiver can work without visible GPS satellites, thus it's much more efficient when used indoors. Besides, purchasing the program costs less, than purchasing a GPS receiver.
The program emulates the operation of a GPS receiver and gives out GPS data (reception quality, speed of relocation, position, and satellite constellation) based on the NMEA-0183 protocol of choosen version. The GPS Simulator can be configured for getting certain NMEA protocol messages in a certain sequence with a certain frequency.
The output NMEA protocol can be saved to a file or transmitted via COM port or UDP. This software can be used with a hardware null-modem (COM port - rs232) cable or a virtual serial port software. Any program or equipment that works with the NMEA protocol will recognize transmitted messages, created by the GPS Generator, as data from a real GPS receiver. A certain amount of parity errors (CRC) can be introduced in the generated protocol for testing consistency of operation in navigiation programs.
The GPS Simulator supports several operation modes (Packet, Map, Route), and it can give out output data to a COM port (including a virtual one), save to a file or broadcast via UDP. The saved file can also be re-played providing an opportunity for creating repeatable test scenarios (for example, for regression testing), which would be difficult to do with an actual GPS receiver.
Besides NMEA protocol simulator you can also get C# sources of NMEA protocol parser. So, you can start working with NMEA almost instantly.
Our application is one of the most convenient and functional among the currently available applications at the market.
GPS Simulator features
- C# NMEA protocol parser included;
- Course and distance is calculated using Rhumb line;
- Cycles in routes;
- DGPS/RTK modes support;
- Linear interpolation of speed and altitude in 'Route Mode';
- Up to 20 satellites positions;
- Different talker IDs (GLONASS, GPS, Instrumentation, ect..);
- Path is drawn along Rhumb line (as curve).
- Simulated NMEA can be sent via UDP (broadcast, multicast).
- *.shp files (ESRI shape files) and *.mif files (MapInfo exchange) are supported as a map layer;
- Altitude value can be specified;
- The satellites constellation (PRN, azimuth, elevation, SNR) can be specified and viewed;
- Dilution of precision factors (PDOP, HDOP, VDOP) can be specified;
- 2D/3D selection mode can be selected (manual/automatic);
- Position fix mode can be selected (2d/3d/not defined);
- Support of different NMEA protocol messages: GGA, GLL, RMC, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, HDT;
- NMEA CRC calculator
- "Moving map" mode;
- Toggle between different NMEA-0183 releases (2.0-3.0);
- Random NMEA messages mode (selected NMEA messages are sent in random order);
- Packet data transmission mode (NMEA messages are grouped in packets. All messages in one packet are sent all at one time);
- Route editor and route generation mode;
- GPS Fix modes;
- High\low speed selection (different speed ranges);
- Send data through Bluetooth to other devices;
- Virtual serial ports support;
GPS Generator is used by people within
- KVH Industries
- Integrated Avionics
- Latitude Tech
- Falmouth Scientific and more...